We recommend you follow the care and maintenance instructions and other useful information contained in this leaflet. Please retain your original receipt together with this Owners Guide as your proof of purchase and to validate your guarantee.
Caring for your furniture
You can be sure your furniture will always look its best if you follow these simple steps :
South Africa's climate can be harsh. Even indirect strong light can cause fabrics to fade and perish. We recommend that you move your chairs and settees around the room from time to time to reduce exposure to sunlight.
If your cushions are fibre filled, restore the original shape by flipping and "puffing out" the cushions and pillows regularly. Furniture with a high fabric pile can become flattened in pressure areas such as the armrests. After a while you will notice the foam in the seat cushions will soften by at least 20% of its original hardness enjoy the comfort of furniture that is now "worn-in".
Keep it clean
Dust settles on lounge furniture just as it settles on cabinet furniture. Dust your furniture daily. Immediately soak up spillages with a clean dry cloth. If a spill won't come out consult an upholstery cleaning specialist. We can accept no responsibility for unsuccessful cleaning attempts. Show-wood surfaces require no polishes or sprays, simply wipe them with a clean, damp cloth.
Avoid sharp objects
Be careful not to snag threads with sharp objects. However, if one of the loops has broken do not pull it further : cut it off as short as possible.
Sitting on the arms of settees and chairs should be discouraged as it puts unnecessary strain on them and can cause premature wear and distortion of the padding and fabric.
When moving your furniture DO NOT lift at the arms or flaps, always lift it at the corners of the base. When transporting furniture wrap each piece in a blanket or similar material and tie down firmly but not over tight. Place a piece of protective cardboard between the rope or webbing and the blanket to prevent damage. Take care not to store furniture stacked on the cushions or arm rests as this will compress the foam or fibre filling. Your furniture is best packed upright, resting on the base. Cover your furniture with a dust cover if you plan to store it for a lengthy period.
Only the best
We source and purchase raw material from local and international suppliers and transform those raw materials in our process plants, while carefully following every phase of the processing: from the production of the frame to the preparation of the fabric and the padding to offer the best quality.
The Covering Material
The following covering materials are used on our furniture:
PVC (Poly Vinyl Chloride)
This covering is used to offer an affordable alternative to genuine leather while still offering a "leather look"
- It is a synthetic product which is coated onto a polyester backer and then embossed with a leather print roller to give the leather look.
- The product is fully washable with mild soap and water.
- Although made to resemble leather it can often be distinguished from Genuine leather by having a more synthetic look and feel.
- This is very similar to P.V.C. and commonly used in the handbag, shoe and furniture industry.
- The product is available bonded to polyester non-woven or woven backers.
- It has similar properties to P.V.C although it has a softer feel (handle).
- With both P.V.C and P.U being synthetic products they are susceptible to deterioration through use of incorrect cleaning agents as well as perspiration (urea).
We source the best available upholstery fabric in different price ranges from around the world. Our Polyester Chenille and microfibres are chosen for their look, feel and durability.
This product is guaranteed against defects in the internal materials used to make it, as well as against defects that arise from poor workmanship for a period of 1 year, starting from the date that you purchase it. The covering material of this product is not covered under this guarantee.
Our guarantees do not cover :
- Damages resulting from excessive soiling, improper and unapproved cleaning methods.
- Fading or other damages resulting from exposure to sunlight.
- Damages resulting from household humidity.
- Damages resulting from any liquid, cream or spray.
Conditions of Sale
- All designs available are presented in pre-selected, standard fabrics that we regard as the most suitable for each design.
- We reserve the right not to supply our products on a CMT (customer's own fabric) basis.
- We cannot be held responsible for dye batch differences, where finished goods differ from samples shown or issued.
- Where we have standard polish finishes they may vary slightly.
- We reserve the right to withdraw or change the style or specification of any of our products without notice, and without prejudice to ourselves.
- We cannot guarantee when additional pieces are ordered that they will match the original order, because of possible fabric variations or changes in styling.